- I am having trouble with streaming audio, I can't hear the speaker through my computer speakers, the streaming stopped...what do I do?
If you are not able to hear any audio through your computer speakers first check to make sure your speakers are connected properly and are not muted or turned off.
The next step is to refresh your screen by pressing the F5 key on your keyboard (Command-R on a Mac) or clicking the "refresh" button in your web browser. If you continue to have technical issues please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The video is not loading; I can't see, other technical issues.
Please test your web browser FIRST:
Ensure your computer has the following:
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or later (recommended) Safari and other major browsers.
- Steady Internet connection, such as cable or DSL.
- Working computer speakers. If you plan to listen via streaming audio make sure your computer speakers are turned on and the volume is not muted.
It is recommended that you check your computer settings and make the following changes in preparation for this event.
- Set Internet and cookies security to low.
- Set screen resolution to 1024 x 768 or higher.
- Disable any pop-up blockers.
Instructions on how to set internet and cookies security to low
- Disable any pop-up blockers (from a Windows based PC).
- Click on the "Start" button in the bottom corner of the screen.
- Choose "Control Panel."
- Choose "Internet Options."
- A box will open on your screen. Click the "Privacy" tab.
- Set the security level for the internet to "Medium" or "Medium-Low."
- If you see a check-box for "Block pop-ups," make sure it is not checked.
- Click "Apply."
- Click "Ok."
Instructions on how to set screen resolution to 1024 x 768 or higher (from a Windows based PC).
- Click on the "Start" button in the bottom corner of the screen and choose "Control Panel."
- Double-click the "Display" icon.
- A box will open on your screen. Click the "Settings" tab.
- Locate the setting for "Screen Resolution."
- If the screen resolution is set to "1024 x 768" or higher, click "Ok."
- If you adjust the screen resolution, click "Apply" and then "Ok."
- The video or sound is choppy, can you help?
Choppy video and sound is a symptom of you not having enough steady bandwidth. This is not a problem we can fix on our end.
There are steps you can take, however:
- If on WiFi use a hard wired Ethernet connection.
- If on Ethernet connection shut down all other browser windows or other programs like Skype or email that use the internet to conserve bandwidth.
- If several people from the same location are all watching the webcast from different computers, try to all watch at one computer instead.
- If possible, ask coworkers to refrain from using the internet like Pandora or YouTube to conserve bandwidth.
- Contact your IT department to see if they can offer you more bandwidth.
- I am unable to hear through my computer speakers. Is there a backup phone number I can dial into?
There is no backup phone number for this webcast. If you cannot hear sound make sure your computer speakers are turned on and are not muted. Press the F5 key on your computer keyboard to refresh your web browser (Command R on Mac). The webcast is being recorded. An archive recording will be available soon after the conference has ended. Once the archive recording is ready, all virtual conference registrants will be sent an email by NCTA with the details of how to access the recorded sessions.
- What if I need help during the program?
You can communicate through live chat during the entire program by clicking on the Help tab located in the upper right of the screen, or you may email email@example.com for technical assistance.
- Should I attend from my work computer or home computer?
You may attend from any location you choose, but, please remember to test any and all computers that you will be using during the webcast. If you pass the systems test you should be able to participate.
- Can I view the webcast from my iPad or other mobile device?
- How do I get the handouts?
Handouts can be accessed after launching the program by selecting the "Resources" tab on the right side of the screen. If you cannot download the handouts please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.
- I was unable to view the live presentation because of technical issues. Will the archive recording be available and how can I access it?
The archive recording will be available soon after the conference has ended. Once the archive recording is ready, all virtual conference registrants will be sent an email by NCTA with the details of how to access the recorded sessions.
- Is this program being recorded? Can I watch it at a later date?
An archive recording will be available for viewing following the live event. Once the archive recording is ready, all virtual conference registrants will receive an email from NCTA with information on how to access the archive recording. Information about the archive recording will also be posted to the NCTA web site.
Virtual Conference FAQ